Microsoft Dynamics GP Canadian Payroll Year End Training
The Canadian Payroll Year End training sessions (classroom and webinar formats) are held in December.
These sessions will teach you about:
- Closing your payroll year end;
- Processing and printing T4 and T4As;
- Preparing your payroll for the next payroll year; and,
- Managing your TD1 values.
While concentrating on the following processes:
- Maintaining the Control File;
- Backing-up prior to your Tax Table Update;
- Resetting the Year End File;
- Creating T4’s, T4A’s and RL1’s;
- Printing Forms; and,
- Updating the Employee Maintenance window.
Classroom sessions will provide hands-on training. Webinar training will cover the same material but will be a how-to presentation and discussion without hands-on practice. The Canadian Payroll Year-End must be processed prior to your first payroll in January.
The Canadian Payroll Year End training session concentrates on the processes required for each of the following:
- Employee Master Numeric;
- TD1 Control Amounts; and,
- Last Tax Update.
Year End Reporting and Reconciliations
- Employee Master records; and,
- T4 preparation review and reconciliations.
Tax Table Updates
- Backups (Last year Pre Year-End Tax Update Last year Post Year-End Tax Update);
- Control File Tax update date; and,
- Steps to update tax tables.
Year End File Reset
- Copy files to history;
- Tax Credit Indexation Factors (TD1);
- Reset Employee Master; and,
- Last year end update – what does this date represent.
Create T4’s, T4A’s and RL1’s
- Edit T4’s;
- Using Employee Master LY;
- Using Edit function; and,
- Employee, Employer and CRA copies;
- Electronic copies for CRA; and,
- Vacation year ends.
- Deletion of historical employees; and,
- Vacation accruals.